Our pupils receive a strong grounding across many sporting disciplines through inspirational coaching and a fixtures programme that allows excellence and sport for all.
We have a tradition of sporting excellence, with District, County and Regional representation. Having sport as a core part of the curriculum lays the foundations for all pupils to gain a range of skills whilst learning how to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
Sport is at the heart of Stonar, with all pupils actively engaging in curricular and co-curricular activities. We also have many elite athletes who are part of our Elite Develpoment Programme.
We promote a positive attitude towards physical activity, educating our pupils to value commitment and to demonstrate integrity, respect and mental resilience in all their sporting endeavours.
Our 80-acre campus has outstanding facilities:
- Extensive playing fields for football/rugby/cricket and athletics
- Four outdoor tennis courts
- Three hard standing netball courts
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Fitness suite with a range of cardiovascular equipment
- Floodlit astroturf area
- Large sports hall, with four badminton courts (also for netball, indoor cricket nets and basketball)
- Years 7 and 8 - Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings
- Years 9 and 10 - Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings
- Years 11 to Upper Sixth - Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings
If you like sport, the coaching is excellent with specialist teachers for each sport.
Academic PE and Sports Science
Our extensive sports offerings are complemented by our academic provisions, with GCSE PE, A Level PE, and BTEC Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science providing pupils with an opportunity to combine their love of sport with a theoretical understanding and application.
Stonar offers sports scholarships for entry into Year 7, 9 and Sixth form. Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent sporting ability in at least one of the school’s major sports - but ideally in more than one - as well as set standards to inspire contemporaries and contribute fully to the sports programme at the School.
There is more information on our scholarships page.