Our world-class Equestrian Centre provides regular tuition for riders at all levels; those in Reception class and upwards can fit riding around their timetable, with many attending our very popular Pony Club that takes place on a Friday night.
Riding at Stonar can take place from the youngest of years. We offer Prep School pupils riding lessons during lunchtime and after school in small groups to help focus coaching. Teaching at this age is centred on the basics of riding and setting a stable foundation, allowing pupils to progress at their own pace. Our staff are highly qualified and can help children to home their skills and realise their ambitions.
The Prep School have their own Grassroots team for pupils who have their own ponies, who compete at NSEA competitions. The Grassroots team is parent led, with support of the Equestrian Centre. Once riders have outgrown the Grassroots team they can progress to join the Stonar Academy.
Stonar is an approved Pony Club Centre and we run weekly sessions for Prep School pupils. Pony Club members are able to work towards achievement badges and tests.
Riding lessons and the Prep Pony Club are available for pupils from Reception upwards.
Novice riders can take weekly lessons to quickly progress their skills.
- Exclusive to Stonar pupils
- Stabling for 62 horses; over 30 of our own horses and ponies
- Two full sets of show jumps and a hacking track around the whole 80-acre school site
- Indoor arena, with comfortable parents viewing area
- Olympic-designed cross country course meeting British Eventing standards
- 80m x 40m outdoor arena, with grandstand viewing area.