Riding at School
Stonar is home to the finest riding academy in the UK, offering an immersive experience for riders and proudly producing highly successful equestrian teams.
Whether pupils are complete beginners, wanting to ride for fun or are already riding competitively, our equestrian education will continue their riding development, challenge them and support those studying for equestrian qualifications.
A world-class, British Horse Society approved equestrian centre right in the heart of the school; riding has been a core feature at Stonar for decades.
- Exclusive to Stonar pupils
- Stabling for 62 horses; over 30 of our own horses and ponies
- Two full sets of show jumps and a hacking track around the whole 80-acre school site
- Indoor arena, with comfortable parents viewing area
- Olympic-designed cross country course meeting British Eventing standards
- 80m x 40m outdoor arena, with grandstand viewing area
- Easter and Summer Riding Camps available.
Riding For All Levels
Riders can bring their horse or pony to school - or loan one of the Stonar stable. We have options for riders of all levels, whether you're simply looking for a weekly lesson, or if you’re a serious competitor. Our dedicated equestrian staff and performance coaching will help you to further your ambitions.
The Equestrian Centre is at the heart of the school, enabling pupils to easily access the stables throughout the day, even if that’s to visit and pat their favourite pony during morning break or lunchtime.
From livery and loan, horsemanship to time management, Director Ellie Halsey explains more about Stonar’s facilities and the life skills that pupils gain from our equestrian school.
Stonar is widely known as the best equestrian school in the UK."
Tatler Schools Guide 2020
Find out more
Find out more about Equestrian at Stonar
- Equestrian Handbook - designed to provide you with all the information pupils (and parents) may need when navigating their way through the various aspects of equestrian life at Stonar.
- Equestrian Brochure - providing information about our Riding Programmes for pupils of all abilities, our Riding Academy and the various Competitions that take place at Stonar and externally as well.
- Equestrian Centre Fees 23/24
- Equestrian Centre Extra Fees 23/24
- Livery and Loan Application Forms
A heartfelt thank you to you and the entire equestrian team for making Marlene and Azteca's time at Stonar such an outstanding experience. The level of professionalism in the entire equestrian team paired with the warm and considerate approach is truly impressive."